– Copper is a very soft, malleable metal used in a variety of products including wires, engines, pipes, roofing, and jewelry, along with many other electrical applications. We accept all forms and types of copper for recycling.
Why Recycle Copper?
– Copper is 100% recyclable but only about 34% of the world’s copper supply comes from recycling. At 2010 production rates, there are only 38 years of copper mining reserves left in the world. This means that in 38 years, or probably less, either we stop mining or copper prices start to drastically go up. Recycling copper means less of it needs to be mined, and therefore we have longer lasting reserves.
Types of Copper
– There are different types and grades of copper. Copper-containing items that can be recycled include but are not limited to:
- Entire A/C units
- Electric motors
- Tubing, wire, and different individual components
- Pretty much anything that contains copper, we recycle.
**Note- All compressors must be drained of oil before selling to us.**
Recycling copper helps prevent pollution and reduces the mining of raw materials. Please contact us when you need copper recycling.